As a Product Development Engineer, you will need to be creative and innovative while reviewing and understanding product and system architectures and conducting system integration testing with electrical, firmware, software, and mechanical design components. Being responsible for coordinating and executing technical tasks will give you the opportunity to see a project through from start to finish.
There will be a CAD-Designer and a workshop of blue collars at your disposal to:
Search for and find innovative potentials and derivated ideas
- Test prototypes
- Determine the correct component specifications
- Document the component specification in the systems & on the drawings
- Conduct tests to help you develop new products
- Perform root cause analysis
You'll have a close collaboration with the project leader to ensure that there is a transparent status of new or continuous product innovation projects.
Your report directly to our Engineering Manager.
- Work closely with product management, sourcing, operations & outside suppliers on bringing new products to market or altering existing products.
- Perform Value Engineering to determine cost savings opportunities related to new products.
- Identify opportunities, design improvements, and implement changes for High-Performance Doors.
- Research and analyse design proposals, specifications, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Work closely with outside suppliers for component selection, manufacturing processes, and assembly methods.
- Create and execute product test plans, to include alpha, beta, and compliance testing for durability and functionality.
- Develop design drawings in accordance with applicable standards and tolerances.
- Manage a wide range of product development projects at any point in the development cycle from ideation through manufacturing.
We have a match if:
- you have a good mechanical aptitude and knowledge
- you have excellent problem solving and time management skills
- you are a creative mind that can put ideas into reality
- you have a proven track record in a product development function, preferably on a technical product.
- you are looking for a working environment that is in transition; with the possibility to steer & guide this change within the company.
- you feel confortable with traveling up to 10% of the time
- MRP-systems, MS Office, & Excel (Pivot tables) have no secrets from you
- you like speed, but quality always comes first
- your style can be described as no-nonsense and to the point
- you know your priorities and you are pro-active, agile & problem-solving
- you are Fluent in English, Dutch and French
Apply now if you want to choose for fun, team spirit and continuous challenge : firstname.lastname@example.org