Entrematic Belgium applies ‘5S’
Entrematic is working hard to apply the highest possible standards throughout the entire organization. In view of optimizing production, Denis Cammaert, C.O.O. of Entrematic Belgium, and his team have worked hard to apply the so-called ‘5S’. This is one of the methods to evaluate the workplace organization capability & visual management standards.
The 5 Steps are as follows:
- Sort: Sort out & separate what is needed & not needed in the area.
- Straighten: Arrange items that are needed in such a way that they are ready & easy to use. Clearly identify locations for all items for anyone to find them & return them once the task is completed.
- Shine: Clean the workplace & equipment on a regular basis in order to maintain standards & identify defects.
- Standardize: Revisit the first three of the 5S on a frequent basis and confirm the condition of the workplace using standard procedures.
- Sustain: Keep to the rules to maintain the standard & continue to improve every day.
The 5S organization increases safety and forms a solid foundation upon which to build continuous improvement. Also, employees gain a sense of ownership, involvement & responsibility. Improved performance in productivity and quality leads to increased profitability. At the same time, the reduction of waste results in a better environmental control.